1. The Smell Test – Because the nerves for smell go right over the nerves for memory. Therefore a significant connection which exists between smell and memory. This is a 12 item VISIT test that is 97% accurate. This test was developed by long time researchers at the University of Pennsylvania. To learn more about The Smell Test, click here. To order The Smell Test, click here; Order The Smell Test.
2. Test your Cerebellum – The cerebellum is the area of your brain that is responsible for decoding sensory information such as touch and balance. You can test your cerebellum at home by doing the following: 1. Stand up 2. Lift your right knee toward your chest and hold it fo 10 seconds 3. Lift your left knee toward your chest, and hole it for 10 seconds 4. Now, close your eyes. 5. Lift your right knee toward your chest, and hold it for 10 seconds 6. Lift your left knee toward your chest, and hold it for 10 seconds If you had some trouble with your balance it suggests that your cerebellum may be impaired. This is typically due to a long-term autoimmune mechanism killing off your cerebellar tissue. Ask Luann or your doctor to confirm your findings with a blood test for cerebellum antibodies.
3. Blood brain barrier health – If you have a chronic insult to your brain, your brain will develop antibodies to try to minimize the damage. When you have elevated antibodies to the blood rain barrier in the blood, you have a problem. Two of these biomarkers used in the emergency room for severe trauma to the blood-brain barrier are called S100B and NSE (neuron-specific enolase). These are extremely accurate biomarkers that show up with damage to the BBB from any cause and not just trauma. Their identification is significant as this activates a significant immune system response causing inflammation that can manifest as brain fog, forgetfulness, ADHD, seizures, anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder and eventually Parkinson’s, MS, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
4. The Neural Zoomer blood test from Vibrant Labs – This test is a game changer because it can identify years in advance, the ongoing mechanisms that can cause degenerative brain diseases. When you can identify this in advance, you have a window of opportunity to address it. Click here to learn more about the Neural Zoomer test. If your doctor is reluctant to order it, for you, discuss this with Luann during your consult.
5. Testing for Lectins – which are peptides of partially digested wheat and other foods that bind on to tissues and create new compounds called neo-epitopes. This is a major culprit when a wheat sensitivity causes the autoimmune system to engage. Have your doctor check your lectin antibody levels by ordering a test from Cyrex labs (Assay 10). If your doctor can’t get the test or is reluctant to order it, discuss this with Luann during a consult. Click here to learn more about the Cyrex labs Assay 10 (Comprehensive food allergen testing) Click here to learn more about the Vibrant Lectin Zoomer ( only tests Lectins)
6. Lipopolysaccharide test- Exhaust from bacteria called lipopolysaccharides (LPS) and viruses such as Epstein-Barr or herpes simplex, can also bind to tissue and form neo-epitopes. We can check for many of the most common LPS now with a blood test. This tells us where to focus our attention. If your doctor can’t get the test or is reluctant to order it, discuss ordering the vibrant Wellness test called Wheat Zoomer during a consult with Luann. Click here to learn more about the Vibrant Wellness test called Wheat Zoomer
7. Food Sensitivity Testing - First clue is that you have sock lines on your legs from wearing socks. Occasionally, this can be due to Congested Heart Failure but if you are young with a healthy heart, it is a good idea to do Food sensitivity as well as Environmental sensitivity checks. Eating foods that you are sensitive to will cause you body to compensate by retaining extra fluid. Makes sense right! You can also work with a good provider to guide you through an elimination diet and address the most common culprits. Click here to learn more about the Cyrex labs Assay 10 (Comprehensive food allergen testing)
8. HOMA testing - Homeostasis Model Assessment- It is a simple calculation based on your fasting insulin and glucose blood test. You can get your results and use the formula in the test section to determine your level of risk. Your HOMA results will improve as your risk for Alzheimer’s Disease lowers. Click here to determine your HOMA results.
Dealing with Alzheimer's Disease can be daunting and frustrating for all. In order to best address the health of the brain, a provider will need to do a good subjective interview with someone who knows the patient well, and chart a plan to best optimize the health of the brain. If you or your loved ones are in need of help, work with Luann to discuss the best plan for you. Alzheimer's Disease is PREVENTABLEand it is REVERSIBLE! No matter what your DNA!!! The sooner you get started the better the outcome. Contact Luann today!